Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sephora Collection Waterproof Mascara, Jet Black, $6 (on sale from $12)


The Sephora Collection Waterproof Mascara in Jet Black is included in the Sephora Collection Waterproof Bronzing Kit that I recently purchased. The mascara is also sold individually and is currently on sale for $6. This is a nice classic mascara, no fancy plastic brush with spikes or some unproven lengthening formulas. This is just a good old mascara that just happens to be waterproof.


I like the formula of this mascara because it is really thin and allows you to separate your lashes more finely and precisely. This is also aided by the soft bristle brush that is shaped long and thin. In my opinion it is easier to get each and every lash with a soft and thin brush like this.


Without knowing I was going to go to the pool a week ago I had applied a bunch of the stuff from the waterproof collection, including this mascara. I ended up going swimming and my cousin was completely dumbfounded when I lifted my head out of the water and my makeup was still solidly in place. She literally could not believe it so this is definitely water-tested! I can vouch and say that this is waterproof, even after spending time underwater.

Final verdict:
Cost: Originally this mascara is $12 for a pretty big tube but right now it is on sale on the Sephora website for $6. That is pretty much cheaper than a lot of drugstore brands!
Is it waterproof?: Like I said above, it definitely is waterproof. However, if you start to pick at your eyelashes (which a lot of us do--admit it.) it will kind of chunk off. Waterproof formula seems to feel a little more sticky than non-waterproof mascaras.
On a scale of 1 to 5?: I give it a 4. It does what it says it will. But still it isn't "The One" we have mentioned before!
Repeat offender?: I don't usually re-buy mascaras because I like to try different ones each time but if I got this in another set or something I definitely wouldn't mind.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment