Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sea Breeze Sensitive Skin Astringent, $6-$7

Sea Breeze is one of those brands that's been around forever. Their bottles are a familiar sight in the drugstore skincare aisle. I used to use the sensitive skin astringent when I was a teenager. What drew me to it was the old notion that alcohol smell + tingly feeling = clean skin! I'm not gonna lie, I kinda like that tingly, tight feeling left on your face by a clean-rinsing face wash or an astringent. So, even though my skin is much better than it used to be, I still have a ton of blackheads. I decided to try an old favorite to see how it held up.

Well, I'm going to be a Negative Nancy and give two bad reviews in a week. I didn't have luck with this. I used it right after the shower, running a soaked cotton ball over my face until it turned up clean. It kinda grosses me out that after my shower I still have dirt and oil on my face . . . anyway. It did give my skin a tight feeling, but it also felt like a film was left behind. And the alcohol scent is really strong, even though they try to mask it with a fragrance. After a few days my face didn't look any better, and actually felt worse--greasier and more inflamed.

Final verdict
Cost:
$6-$7. (So at least I didn't waste too much money on it!)
Experience: Will leaving your skin feeling tight, and will permeate the room with an alcohol-y smell.
Skin clearing?: Not for me. It felt like it left a film on my face, which made my face greasier and angrier.
Repeat offender?: No, I won't buy this again. It didn't clear up my skin at all, and actually made it worse. I guess that's why I stopped using it. Maybe next week I'll have some better products, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment