Monday, January 30, 2012

Couture Colour Pequi Oil Treatment, $32


One day, I noticed my friend Ashley's hair looked awesome. I asked her if she had gotten a haircut or done something different--she said she had started using Couture Colour Pequi Oil Treatment. I knew Sephora was including it in their free samples, so I decided to try it out.

The directions say that you can use the oil as a pre-shampoo treatment, a pre-blow dry treatment, or as a final smoother (after you've styled your hair). I was anxious to try it so I first used it as a smoother. But, my hair is fine and tends to get oily or weighed down, so instead I started using it as an after-shower detangler. The first thing I noticed is the amazing smell. It has a yummy, tropical, coconut-tanning oil smell that I can't get enough of.

I saw results immediately after one use--when my hair dried, it felt super soft and smooth. After a couple months of continued use (about two pumps, exclusively on the ends, directly after a shower), I noticed that my hair color had not faded as much as it used to. In the winter, when I have to blow dry my hair (so it doesn't freeze), I have way fewer split ends. Now I use it every day, even if I don't blow dry or use any other products.

Pro-tip: Store the bottle upright, otherwise you may have trouble getting any product out using the pump. When I first received it in the mail, I thought the pump was broken! After a couple tries and keeping the bottle upright, though, I was able to use it just fine.

Final verdict
Cost: Originally, the $32 price tag threw me off. But, I had seen the results on Ashley, so I was willing to give it a try. It took me 6-7 months of everyday use go through one 2 oz bottle, which is worth it for me. Now they have a smaller 0.5 oz bottle for $12--perfect if you're still hesitant.
Texture and smell: The texture is thin and oily, which makes it very easy to work through your hair. The smell is summery and amazing, I never get tired of it!
Does it work?: I was able to see smoother and shinier hair immediately. If you have finer hair like I do, use it while your hair is still wet so it doesn't get flat. If your hair is thicker, you could get away with using it before and after styling. Remember, start with a small amount. (You can always add more!)
Repeat offender: Yes! I love this oil and wouldn't go a day without it. It even replaced my old standby detangler. I recommend it to anyone who wants more moisturized, protected, and smoother hair.

-Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment