Thursday, April 1, 2010

Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow, $4

(Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow in Urban Brown)


The other day I wrote about how I didn't have much luck with Maybelline's pencil eyeliner. I have, however, enjoyed Maybelline's eyeshadow, especially their "high pearl finish" colors. I particularly love this beautiful shade called Urban Brown. It's a dark metallic golden brown, almost like a muddy copper. It's velvety soft, builds up nicely, and stays on pretty well, even without primer. Maybe I'm biased against matte shades in general, but I've found their textured ones to be of better quality; I think they have more pigment, more blendability, and more staying power. Check them out in stores before buying though--the websites I've found don't show the colors very accurately.

I'm wearing Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original, Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow in Urban Brown, Clinique's Cream Liner in True Black, CoverGirl Pencil Eyeliner in Black Onyx (inner rim only), Maybelline's Full N' Soft Mascara in Very Black, Nars Orgasm blush, and my girl Hello Kitty

Final verdict
Cost: $4 is an amazing price--you don't have to be scared of trying something new.
Quality: I'm impressed with the quality of their high pearl finish eyeshadow--soft, good colors, stays on pretty well. I've tried their matte shades and they haven't wowed me as much.
Wearability: Ok, so maybe completely gold-brown eyelids aren't for you. It would also work with a lighter coat or blended into the crease. They have a lot of other colors in case brown isn't your cup of tea.
Repeat offender: I would buy more shades of their eyeshadow, definitely.

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment