Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, $42


I hardly ever wear concealer or foundation on my face but every once in a while I feel up for trying it out again. Last week I received this Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in a sample pack from Sephora. While I don't regularly use skin products like this, I was excited to try it out!


This tinted moisturizer is a nice thin formula that goes on light and doesn't feel greasy at all. I really like how it evens out my skin tone and actually delivers a "glow" that it promises. Not only does the tinted moisturizer take place of foundation, it also has SPF 20 so you don't need any additional protection for every day wear.


I think that this tinted moisturizer is good because the cream isn't too thick and it blends easily. I have tried others that just feel as thick as a crappy liquid foundation. I will say though, I'd rather save wearing a product like this for the colder/dryer months of the year. Another bonus of this product is that it comes in a variety of different skin tone shades! I hate it when there are just 3 options for a tinted moisturizer!


Final verdict:
Cost: For a big bottle $42, the bottle pictured is only a sample size.
Does it feel like you are wearing a lot of face product?: Not really, I was pretty impressed with how it just felt like I was wearing my regular moisturizer.
Repeat offender?: I think it is important to buy quality skin products, especially those that are meant to match your skin tone, so even though spending $42 on a tinted moisturizer seems like a lot I would probably still purchase this brand. My only suggestion, check it out at the store to make sure you can find a perfect match!

-M

2 comments:

  1. I really like this product, I might go for a full size once I finish the sample!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the Laura Mercier brand before, but I use Stila's tinted moisturizer and I really like it. I wear it when I work out mid-day, and I get some nice coverage without creating breakouts like I do when I wear regular foundation.

    ReplyDelete