Monday, August 30, 2010

Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener, $18

Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener is a neat little tool that can instantly freshen your look. I received a sample size tube of this product and I am very tempted to buy the full size product!


This product is a nice cream that has tiny bits of light reflecting sparkles (don't worry you can hardly see the sparkles) which work to brighten your under eye area and appear more awake. This is a makeup and not a preventative product so it is definitely for effect. The full products comes with a handy brush to dab the cream under the eye, I think this is really useful because the cream is a little too thin to be coming out of the tube.


You just have to dab a little bit of the cream and spread it with your finger and instantly your under eye area has a fresh glow. I think this is a great every day product that can work the way blush does to "wake" your face up.


Final verdict:
Cost: $18 for the full tube.
Does it make the under eye area white?: No not at all, the cream is a neutral shade that seems to blend in with your natural color, it works as a highlighter and not so much as a concealer.
Would it stay on all day?: I'd suggest spreading some primer in the under eye area before the Photo Op brightener for longer staying power.
Repeat offender?: I really want to get some of this eventually to use daily. Though I must say, I think this product would be better if used in the cooler months so you don't just sweat it off.

-M

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of the Sephora undereye primer I recently got. It's a primer but I use it as a highlighter because it's thick and every so slightly sparkly.

    ReplyDelete