Thursday, August 19, 2010

Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup, $24.50

Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup is a lot like the Maybelline Pure Concealer Blemish Treatment Stick I reviewed earlier this year--it's infused with salicylic acid to help get rid of acne. They stopped making the stick (I don't know why, I liked it!) but I'm hoping this might fill the void.

As Mirna mentioned in her entry yesterday, it's worth it to pay a little extra for quality makeup you're going to use all over your face. I trust Clinique's reputation as a high-end makeup brand. They're great for people with sensitive skin (like me) because they don't use fragrance and they guarantee that everything is allergy tested.

The foundation has a lot of coverage. It will definitely even-out your skin tone and doesn't add any shine (so it's great for oily skin). It goes on easily and feels smooth as it dries. It doesn't feel too heavy, but it still is a little heavy for a non-foundation wearer like myself. I couldn't wear it everyday, but I'd probably use it for a special occasion (especially if I want my skin to look nice in a photograph).

It's good to know that while you're wearing it it's not clogging your pores and making your zits worse--it's actually drying them up and medicating your skin while providing coverage. That being said, you might want to wear a light moisturizer underneath, especially if your skin is on the dry side, because the salicylic acid works to dry-up excess oil.

Final verdict
Cost:
$24.50--about a mid-range price.
Coverage: The color blends really easily and covers very nicely.
Texture: It feels smooth and lighter than other foundations I've tried, but still not as light as a tinted moisturizer. (Too heavy for my daily routine, but I would use it for a special occasion.)
Added benefits: If your skin is sensitive and acne-prone, this might be the one for you. Clinique is known for its allergy-tested, fragrance-free products.
Repeat offender?: Just by trying this once, I can tell it's a high-quality product, made especially for people with finicky skin like mine. I personally wouldn't buy this because I'm not into foundation in general. But, if you have acne and you want to cover everything up completely, I recommend trying this. Maybe I'd thin it out with a moisturizer and create my own tinted moisturizer, or I might try their medicated concealer.

-T

1 comment: