Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Kat Von D Perfumed Body Velvet in Sinner in gift set, $68

Kat Von D has two fragrances: Sinner and Saint. I got a deluxe sample of lotion in the Sinner scent, called "perfumed body velvet." (Ooo, sounds special!) Sinner is the more powerful of the two scents--musky, spicy, with hints of vanilla and florals to balance it out. The body velvet is available in this gift set.

I tend to be drawn toward more light, citrus, summery scents, but this one is really nice. The musk isn't too strong, and the softer undertones aren't overpowered. It especially gets softer as it sits for a little while. (I would still probably only wear it at night, or for a special occasion.) The texture of the lotion is super rich and creamy, and it does leave a feeling on your skin kinda like velvet! The great thing about a scented lotion is that it lets the scent linger a little longer and more softly than a perfume, so a little bit goes a long way.

Final verdict
Cost:
Right now it's only available in a gift set (that has perfume, lotion, and a rollerball perfume) for $68 ($91 value).
Scent: If you like mature, musky, spicy scents, you will probably like this. If you're used to softer, younger smells, give it a chance! I didn't think I would like something like this, but I do.
Texture: The lotion is definitely high quality. You would probably only want to use it as a hand lotion--using it everywhere might make the scent a bit overwhelming!
Repeat offender: I would probably just use this scent for special occasions, so I probably wouldn't buy again. But, I would recommend it.

-T

1 comment:

  1. I do'nt know why, but that stuff looks like it just smells SO good!! Haha, Love this post! Great blog - I really like your voice.
    Check me out when you get a chance! I'd really appreciate it :)

    xoxo, Jinna

    http://jinna.fulltimefabulous.com

    ReplyDelete