Monday, April 19, 2010

Maybelline Pure Concealer Blemish Treatment Stick, about $5


Unless I had a really terrible zit, I was always hesitant to put makeup over it--I would generally just dab it with the blemish stick and try to forget about it. I was always under the impression that makeup would make it worse. That's why I was really excited for Maybelline's Pure Concealer Blemish Treatment Stick. It's a concealer stick (basically like an eyeliner pencil but for your face) that contains salicylic acid, so it covers your zits as it treats them.

The coverage is about as good as any concealer. It works really well when covering smooth surfaces, especially those painful underneath zits that are red and shiny and awkward. It does less well on pimples that have been popped and scabbed over--not a smooth surface, so the makeup doesn't blend as well. But, I have found that it does reduce redness and make my blemishes calm down a bit, all while giving me a little coverage...which is better than what other concealers do! Unfortunately I don't think they sell it anymore as a new item, but it can be found on Amazon for cheap.

Final verdict:
Cost: I think it was around $7 originally, now about $4-$5 on Amazon.
Coverage: Average--not spectacular but adequate. Does its job.
Salicylic acid: This makeup impressed me because it has ingredients to heal the problem, instead of making it worse. You don't have to choose between letting the skin heal or keep it looking good.
Repeat offender: I would buy this item again--I've kept it in my purse for emergencies and it has definitely come in handy. I don't think Maybelline still sells it but it's available through Amazon.

-T

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, they aren't selling it anymore? I love mine, it lives at my desk and helps me through daytime emergencies. I'll have to stock up!

    ReplyDelete