Friday, February 19, 2010

Pangea Organics Eye Cream - Turkish Rose & White Tea, $55


I got this free sample of Pangea Organics Eye Cream - Turkish Rose & White Tea from my last Sephora.com purchase. I'm a big fan of all-natural and organic products, and though I'm probably not old enough to see a significant difference from eye cream, I think it's important for everyone, especially young adults, to moisturize moisturize moisturize. Pangea claims it has tons of antioxidants and other age-defying ingredients to really protect the delicate eye area. So I thought, "Why not? I'll give it a try."

The first thing I noticed was the pungent smell--it's really, really bad, almost sour. I wanted to get it off immediately, run to the sink and wash it all away. I felt like it would soak into my pajamas and bedsheets and invade my dreams. But I kept it on for you, oh trusty blog readers.

It felt creamy enough, and I guess left my eye skin moisturized, but I didn't see a dramatic effect. It didn't make me appear more awake or glowing. Luckily the smell didn't linger on into the morning.

Final verdict:
Cost: $55 is a bit too much for eye cream, if you ask me.
Smell: Pungent and awful.
Repeat offender?: No, I would not buy this. Maybe I don't have visible wrinkles to fill in and I admit I only used it once, but even if it worked miracles I would have a hard time getting over the smell. I might try other products from this brand because I think the problems stemmed from this particular fragrance; still, it is on the pricier side.

-T

1 comment:

  1. the pangea soap is absolutely fab. it tends to get goopy (not in manner of g. paltrow) if left in a puddle of wet, so it needs its own soap dish. but the orange-ginger (i believe it is) is just delicious. i've been less inspired by other pangea soap scents but have repeatedly bought out the Wegman's near me of all the orange-ginger. mmm. yummy.

    --DJ

    ReplyDelete