Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Olay Body Wash plus Tone Enriching Ribbons, $7


As I've mentioned before, I have some trouble with dry skin, especially in the winter--and man, we're really having a winter here! A lot of people who share in my woes will agree that a crucial step in handling dryness begins in the shower. My favorite step 1 is this moisturizing body wash, Olay's Body Wash plus Tone Enriching Ribbons. The soap is layered intermittently with "ribbons" of moisturizer, and when they mix together they form a thick, creamy, and super-lathery product.

There are 5 different Olay body washes with the moisture ribbons: body butter, crème, lotion, exfoliating, and this one, which has mica minerals. I've used the other ones and liked them well enough (though I still don't know the difference between butter, lotion, and crème), but IMO this one smells the best and feels the creamiest, as you're washing as well as afterward. This stuff is so rich I've started using it as an alternative to shaving gel. Since it cleanses as it moisturizes, it can save some time in the shower.

The purpose of the mica minerals, Olay says, is to even-out uneven skin. I honestly can't really tell if they have any effect in that department, but I must admit it's fun to randomly find the tiny little sparkles that get left behind. They're not that noticeable, but you might want to warn your roommates if they're not the kind of people who like to shimmer. (My boyfriend bought this by mistake and I laughed every time I found a little glitter on his arm.)

Final verdict:
Cost: An 18-ounce bottle is around $7, and is available at drugstores, grocery stores, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. It's well worth it.
Moisturizing: This is one of the creamiest, richest, and most moisturizing body washes I've used. I've used it year-round as a body wash and for shaving.
Does it really even-out skin tone?: Meh, not really. Although, you might find some tiny sparkles on your skin (don't worry, nothing too serious).
Repeat offender: Yessss. It's a great body wash for my dry skin.
-T

No comments:

Post a Comment