Monday, February 1, 2010

Wet n Wild Mega Last Quick Dry/Ultra Gloss Top Coat, $1.99 vs OPI RapiDry TopCoat, $8

I used to skip putting on top coat whenever I painted my nails because I didn’t think it was all that important. Since I started painting my nails on a more regular basis I realized that top coat is definitely as important as the second coat of nail color.

(The bottle pictured here is the mini version of the OPI RapiDry, the full-sized bottle is being reviewed)

Some of my OPI mini sets have included the OPI RapiDry TopCoat which I began using regularly. I love this top coat because it really does seal in the color and dry fast. It also tends to keep the polish on longer. The only downside to this top coat is the $8 price tag. For something you will use every time you do your nails (I tend to do them once a week) a bottle could go pretty quickly.


I was really excited to find that Wet n Wild makes a top coat that is comparable to the OPI brand and is less than half the price! Wet n Wild’s Mega Last Quick Dry/Ultra Gloss Top Coat (damn, that’s a long name!) does the same job of adding shine, sealing in color, and drying quickly. The top coat seems to be a bit thicker than the OPI but it still dried very quickly. By the time I finished putting top coat on all my nails, my first hand was already dried.

Final Verdict:
Cost: (Wet n Wild) $1.99 vs (OPI) $8.00
Size of bottle: (Wet n Wild) .47 fl oz vs (OPI) .5 oz
Any significant differences between the two?: Nope, pretty much on the same page.
Repeat offender: Both would be repeat offenders for me, but I’d probably buy the Wet n Wild just because it’s cheaper.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment