Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lubriderm Intense Skin Repair Body Lotion, $7-$8

(Lubriderm Intense Skin Repair Body Lotion)

If you're looking for a nice, thick lotion to use on your super-dry, winter-irritated skin, Lubriderm's Intense Skin Repair Body Lotion will save the day. I use this all winter long, applying it immediately after my shower. And when it says it lasts 24 hours, it's not kidding; I've gone in the shower the next day and still felt it on my skin! I feel like it has actually healed some recurring problems I've had with my skin. It's the only thing that has helped reduce the bumps I get on my hips and thighs, and I've used it on my feet to treat calluses. It has a very light, pleasant fragrance that's not going to interfere with any perfumes. Plus, it's only $7-$8 for that gigantic bottle (with a pump that closes), which is definitely worth it for me.

The only downside? I can't use it as much in the humid-as-hell mid-Atlantic summers--one time I tried and could feel myself sweating under the protective shell it creates. So, in the summer I'll only use it on my problem areas. It's really best for winter, or if you live in a drier climate.

Final verdict
Cost: A huge bottle is less than $10--can't beat that!
Availability: Unlike other high-end lotions, you can buy this one at CVS, Target, Walmart, etc.
Year-round?: Unfortunately this one is too heavy to use during humid summer months, but is a life-saver in the winter.
Long-lasting: It stays true to it's "24-hour moisturization" claim and lasts all day.
Repeat offender?: Definitely--I'm on my third bottle so far! Keep in mind, though, it's really only best for seriously dry skin.

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment