Monday, May 3, 2010

Benefit "Honey...Snap Out of It!" Scrub, $28

I was in the market for a new exfoliating scrub so I decided to try Benefit's "Honey...Snap Out of It!" Scrub, a "morning exfoliating facial cleanser " that "exfoliates and vacuum cleans your skin with soft almonds." The scrub is thick and creamy with (what I assume to be) bits of almond for exfoliating. The smell is really nice, very much like the Burt's Bees almond cream but slightly subdued. I was surprised at the size--5 oz. is actually kind of a lot for something you use 2-3 times a week.

The cool thing about this is that you can use it as an exfoliating scrub (obvs) or you can leave it on and use it as a mask:

1. Smooth the product onto your (dry) skin, avoiding the eye area.
2. Chill out, read a book, watch TV, and let your face dry up (Benefit says for 3 minutes, I left it on for, like, 10 minutes).
3. When you're ready to rinse, first moisten your fingers and use them to work the scrub into your skin, moving in little circles. (Note: This part feels awesome--your skin's all tight from the mask and then with the water the scrub gets all creamy. It feels like it's really getting into your pores.)
4. Use a warm, wet washcloth to remove the mask.
5. Rinse with a little warm water to remove any residue.
6. Rinse with a splash of cool water to close your pores.

I can see why they suggest using it in the morning! After using this my skin feels tight, clean, glowing, and not too dry (definitely not irritated). I don't even want to moisturize because it feels all nice and balanced.

Final Verdict
Cost: $28 is a normal price for Benefit products and a pretty mid-range price for higher end skincare. I don't normally spend this much for skincare but maybe I'll think of it as a nice little treat. At-home facials make it worth it! :)
Product: Thick, creamy, smells nice (mmm almonds), and good sized scrubbing pieces.
Versatility: Can be used as a scrub or a mask, and is made for all skin types.
Repeat offender: I would buy this again. It feels really nice while it's on and leaves my skin feeling super clean and fresh. I would buy more products from Benefit--have had good luck so far!

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment