Monday, May 31, 2010

L'Oreal's HiP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner, $10-12

I've heard a lot of good reviews about L'Oreal's High Intensity Pigment (HiP) line, so I decided to try their cream eyeliner. I chose this beautiful dark teal color with a metallic sheen. I figured teal would be a good way for me to wear a blueish color (the green in my eyes generally clashes with blue or navy).

The cream eyeliner comes with a tiny angled brush that does more harm than good. It's okay that it's a small size, but the brushes are really bushy. This does not lend itself to good control. Don't worry--I keep my Sephora angled brush handy just in case. The review must go on.

The eyeliner itself is kinda of dry and clumpy. It didn't go on easily. It took me a long time to get a nice clean and even line.

But look at that color! It's so pretty. It's really bright and has a slight metallic shininess. The color reminds me of teal corduroys. Goes great with my eyes, too! And (worn over primer obvs) it's lasted all day with no smearing or running. Just sucks that it took so long to get to that.


Final verdict
Cost:
$10. Not exactly cheap. I'd gladly spend $5 more a high-end one.
Texture: Dry, clumpy. Not as rich and creamy as Clinique's.
Color: But oh, the color is amazing. It's really pretty.
Repeat offender?: No, I wouldn't buy this again. I'll use it on occasion because the color is so pretty, but I'll make sure I have some time to sit and do it. It sucks because it doesn't smear or run, and the color is great, but it was a pain to put on! But, I did buy one of their loose eyeshadows . . . we'll see if I have more luck with that later.

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment