Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Skyn Iceland Glacial Cleansing Cloths, $15 (for 30)

Skyn Iceland Glacial Cleansing Cloths are on-the-go face wipes for when you just don't have the time to wash your face (or the sink). They lather up without water and don't need any rinsing, so it would be good for after the gym, after a night out, etc.

The cloth lathered up a lot--it was actually pretty soaked, which is good if you're trying to really get clean. I liked the smell when I first opened it (almost like baby wipes and some sort of witch hazel? I've smelled it before but I can't place it . . . my mom thinks it's the glycerin).

I rubbed the cloth into my face (it says gently wipe, but I basically just used it as a washcloth) and I could feel it tingle and get into my pores, so I could tell it was working. I used it around my eyes to get off my makeup, which probably wasn't the best idea--while the cloth felt soft to my fingertips, it didn't feel so soft around my eyes. And the tingling was starting to sting on some sensitive skin I have on my cheeks. Luckily this lasted only a couple seconds.

At first I couldn't believe that this soaking wet cloth would clean my face and then dry without rinsing. I mean, it's full of soapy liquid. But, lo and behold, a few moments later my skin was completely dry and not filmy at all. Actually, it felt really smooth, clean, and soft. But, the smell started to linger and I couldn't stop smelling it, and I started to not like it. In fact, it started to give me a migraine, and I had to go rinse my face anyway.

Final verdict
Cost:
$15 for 30.
Soapy: Unlike some cloths, these are packed full of soapy goodness, so you feel like you're getting your money's worth.
Cleansing: You can feel the product going right into your pores, which is awesome in some areas but maybe kinda burning in more sensitive areas. Probably not best for around the eyes.
Dries clean: When it dried, my skin felt soft and clean--no film left behind.
Smell: I liked it at first, and then it got overwhelming and gave me a headache!
Repeat offender?: I would not buy these because the smell kinda knocked me out. That, and they are a bit pricey compared to drug store brands. I'm not sure if they help clear up your skin, but I do like the clean feeling it leaves behind, so I think they would be good for cleaning on-the-go (that is, if you like the smell and are willing to pay $15 a month if you're going to use it everyday).

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment