Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, $5.99


I totally felt 13 years old again when I reached for the Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 at the drugstore a few weeks ago. I had an unfortunate flashback to that portion of life we can refer to as "The Busted Years" but this time it was way less traumatic. I had one of those awful down deep in your skin zits that was the star of so many teenage dramas. I figured I could use this to dry it up, it says "Maximum Strength" so why not?


The magic acne zapper contains 10% benzoyl peroxide which is the drying agent. I'm not telling you this is going to miraculously clear your skin up and you won't see a scratch. Not at all. It dries the zit but you still have the dry zit that needs to fade away. Just make sure to moisturize. Also, don't rub this all over your face, use the smallest bit on the spot you need it. This will dry out your skin, the level varies from person to person.


Final verdict:
Cost: Around $5.99, not bad.
Does it work?: Yes it does! It zaps zits dry within a few applications. What I did was use it 3 times a day as suggested on the problem area and it definitely minimized it drastically.
Is this for everyone?: Probably not. You are going to have to take a gamble with this to see if it works for you. I feel like it may have worked so well for me because I haven't used benzoyl peroxide on my skin for years. You also need to take into account whether you have sensitive skin that is prone to excessive drying. I consider myself a person with sensitive skin but the spot drying wasn't a big deal for me.
Repeat offender?: Let's hope that I don't have anymore of these zits, but if I do I'll definitely hit up the Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment