Monday, July 12, 2010

Sally Hansen Hi-Definition Nail Color, Laser, $6.49


The other day I made a quick stop to CVS to pick up a few essentials for my weekend beach trip. The minute I walked in the door it's like they knew I was coming and they had lined up the bright shiny display case full of different colors for me to walk directly into. I immediately grabbed this holographic multidimensional nailpolish by Sally Hansen in the color Laser. They were having a buy one get one 50% so obviously I had to get two.


I thought about whether it would even be worth getting this nailpolish because a lot of the time anything other than OPI sucks but I took a chance, and I am glad I did!


I put on three coats of polish (one is definitely way too thin, you might think it isn't even going to work with one coat) and a nice thick layer of topcoat. I have had this on for the last 3 days and I haven't really had any chipping so it is definitely worthwhile!


I love the color because it is metallic yet has this cool holographic tint to it as well. You are going to get a very unique polish if you get any of the other colors from this collection. They all have this awesome cosmic vibe to them which I am really feeling right now.



Final verdict:
Cost: $6.49, you can find it cheaper for sure!
Does it hold up to other higher brands?: I think it has been holding up just as well as my OPIs. You really just have to make sure you wear topcoat.
Repeat offender?: I think I would definitely try another Sally Hansen nailpolish, they seem to come out with different "styles" like this one is Hi-Definition, so I would probably give it another shot!

-M

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT
    such great inspiration, keep it up!
    i'm loving your blog and i'm a huge fan
    thanks so much for sharing!

    -cma
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice

    Kisses from France

    Olivia & Mariam




    http://daily-women.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks babes! Much love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this shade, very pretty! I have never tried anything from this brand but i am tempted now!

    www.fashionjjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's such a pretty color! (: i will read more and more of your amazing reviews before i buy anything now (; great blog, keep up the amazing work..
    comment mine?
    xxx
    cross my heart

    ReplyDelete