Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sephora by OPI, Only Gold For Me Top Coat, $9


Oh my gosh guys, this glitter topcoat is like no other topcoat I have ever used. Only Gold For Me Top Coat from Sephora by Opi is a clear topcoat with chunks for gold glitter and little sprinkles of smaller sparkles that can completely transform a basic nailpolish.


I am wearing the topcoat over the lovely jade polish I reviewed a little while ago, Read My Palm. The first time I saw this topcoat I was actually in a Sephora store and already had the Read My Palm on my nails. So I just brushed some of the Only Gold For Me topcoat and I freaked out at how pretty it looked. So I proceeded to gold sparkle all my nails in the store, ask Tori, she was there, she just laughed.


The glitter sticks to your nail, doesn't chip off, and brushes on uniquely each time. You can brush on some of the topcoat and then kind of move around the sparkles with the brush if you want them to spread out. It is very easy to maneuver the sparkles but they definitely will look different on each nail.



Final verdict:
Cost: $9
Does it actually work as a topcoat or is it just glitter?: It is definitely a topcoat before it is a glitter polish. The clear topcoat holds the sparkles and the base nailpolish in place as it should.
Repeat offender?: Yes! I cannot wait to try this over other colors. I think next I will try it with black.

-M

3 comments:

  1. that ring is super cute and the gold top coat is really fun. i think i'd due a nude nail underneath ;)

    I saw that you commented on a recent post of Rumi's at Fashion Toast and I thought that you might be interested in my post where I did a DIY body chain: http://www.fvncy.com/2010/06/tied-up.html

    KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This top coat would look amazing on top of the opi caliente coral or on top of a black polish would be divine.

    ReplyDelete