Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner, $12



One of the reasons I bought the Sephora Waterproof Bronzing Kit was because it included this Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof eyeliner in black. You all know how I take my black eyeliner seriously so I put this to the test.


Overall this eyeliner is pretty easy to put on and stays waterproof. However, It does smudge under the eyes after a while, unlike my go-to Revlon Colorstay Retractable eyeliner which does not smudge under the eyes. I really cannot stand any eyeliner that does that because number 1, I always ALWAYS use primer so it shouldn't be happening, especially not with a product that is known for being waterproof.


I think that this pencil is a bit too soft so it often just lets you draw a thick line rather than pressing lightly and being able to achieve a thinner line. It also includes one of those smudging sponges at the end of the tip which I have never actually figured out how to use. I always just end up smearing the eyeliner and ruining my neat lines.


Final verdict:
Cost: $12, about twice the cost of my favorite Revlon eyeliner.
Is it actually waterproof?: It is waterproof except for some reason it still manages to smear. I think that when things are waterproof they shouldn't be moving around at all.
Repeat offender?: I don't think so. Since I already use a similar product that doesn't smudge or smear and costs only half of what this does. I think I'll stick to what I know. However, if you are interested in still trying this, it does come in lots of different colors that the Revlon eyeliner doesn't offer (click here to see some of the cool colors!).

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment