Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk Lotion, $7-9

burtsbees2

The first time I smelled this lotion I was at my friend’s house on a hot summer day. We were just hanging out getting ready for some thing or another and we “borrowed” her sister’s lotion. My reaction? The smell, oh the smell, the sweet milk and honey smell is what did me in, and the next day I had to have my own bottle.

This lotion is formulated for the sensitive and soft skin of a baby so you can imagine the gentleness. The lotion is not too thick but don’t let the more liquidy-texture fool you, it hydrates just as well as a super thick lotion, but since it is an all-natural product many of those thickening agents are left out. I think it is a perfect light weight moisturizer for the summer when you don’t want to feel a gooey buildup on your skin. I would also highly suggest this for anyone who has an issue with sensitive skin, even on the front of the bottle it says “for sensitive skin of all ages.”


Final verdict:
Cost: Priced between 7 and 9 dollars, one 7 oz bottle will last you a while. You can also find this bottle of lotion with a pump sometimes, to make it easier to apply.
How does it smell?: The smell is pretty mild but definitely noticeable. It has that soft and fresh scent that many baby products contain but it also has a hint of milk and honey in my opinion. There is actual buttermilk in this product (it is in powdered form so don’t worry you don’t have to refrigerate or anything lol) so there is a creamy and sweet element added.
Repeat offender?: Yes, I love Burt’s Bees products in general and once I am out of the Baby Bee Buttermilk Lotion I will definitely pick up another bottle.
-M

PS—There is a Clinique sale on Gilt.com today starting at noon! If you don’t have an account leave a comment with your email or email me at sweetglowbeauty [at] gmail.com and I’ll send you an invite!

No comments:

Post a Comment