Friday, April 23, 2010

What I'm Wearing - 4/23/10


Hey lovelies! I tried a new eye makeup technique over the weekend and wanted to show you. (Click on any picture here to make it larger.)

I'm wearing:
-Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original (top and bottom)
-Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow in Freakshow (we've mentioned Urban eyeshadows a few times here--these are their super vibrant ones)
-Almay Liquid Liner in Black (not yet reviewed)--top lid
-Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (mentioned here)--inner rim
-Clinique Lash Power Mascara Long-Wearing Formula in Black Onyx
-Nars Orgasm blush

Love the eyeshadow--dark and sultry, but super vibrant and purple. Tip: For some reason, you MUST use the primer potion with this shade. I wore it once without it and it just didn't work. In the container it looks almost black, but actually has a lot of color. The website describes it as having a "red sheen"--I don't really see what they mean, but I guess it is a more red shade of purple than a blue shade.

Using the angled brush from the EcoTools Bamboo set, I smudged some eyeshadow on the outer edge of my lower lash line and connected it with the eyeshadow on top. I kept my eyeliner super thin.

I really liked the effect--super dark on top but not too dramatic on bottom, which stopped it from being too over top. My eyes still looked awake, so it worked for daytime.

Have a great weekend!

-T

1 comment: