Wednesday, April 21, 2010

tokidoki Prisma Lip Gloss, $15

(tokidoki Prisma Lip Gloss in Arlecchino)

When I saw the new tokidoki makeup line (exclusively at Sephora) I freaked out. I love anything tokidoki--bags, clothes, Hello Kitty collaborations, you name it. And now makeup! I knew I had to get something immediately. I have a lot of eyeshadows and eyeliners, so I decided to review the Prisma Lip Gloss (instead of the adorable Cromatico eyeshadow in the heart and crossbones container...which I haven't bought yet but I'll probably get soon).


Oh tokidoki, you know me so well. I'm the biggest sucker for good packaging, so I was enamored with the designs on the outside of the plastic box.


The shade is called Arlecchino, and is a bright fuchsia.


One of the most exciting things about the lipgloss is the lid--it's a little plastic box that contains one of the characters. I chose Arlecchino because I just love that crazy multicolored ninja eating ice cream. The description on Sephora says that it's a snowglobe but that's not entirely true--there's no water in it. But, there is a ton of heart and crossbones confetti. It makes a really fun noise when you shake it.


Wee!

*ahem* Anyway.

The applicator is this interesting little plastic paddle, almost like what they use to wax your eyebrows.

It's really soft and bendy. Applying the lipgloss is almost like using a spatula to ice a cake.

So how's the actual lipgloss? It's super glossy (high sheen, no sparkles), almost sheer, smells like blueberries, is not too sticky, and seems to last a good amount of time. I can already tell this is going to be my default summer lipgloss.

Final verdict
Cost: Some people might think $15 is a lot for lipgloss but since this is a specialty, I think it's worth it. Plus, it's significantly bigger than I thought it would be, so I can see this lasting a long time.
Adorability: Oh man, this thing is cute. It's like having a cute toy and makeup all in one. And you get to choose out of 16 different characters.
Color: Even though the lipgloss I chose is super bright fuchsia in the container, it's mostly sheer with a hint of pink (which I prefer). From the comments on Sephora it seems like the other colors are like that too. Don't be afraid to choose what character you want--you'll probably end up with a nice, mostly clear gloss.
Smell/texture: It totally smells like blueberries (all of them do). It's not too sticky and the shine lasts a while--it's lipgloss so it probably won't stay on forever, but it has pretty good staying power.
Repeat offender: I love this and I'm so happy I bought it. I would buy more characters if I was a lipgloss junkie! I want to try out their other products as well; I know Sephora wouldn't carry tokidoki if it wasn't up to their quality standards!

Now if you'll excuse me...

*shakeshakeshake*


-T

No comments:

Post a Comment