Monday, September 27, 2010

Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne, $85



I've been toying with the idea of reviewing perfume for a while now. This is something I haven't done yet because I believe that perfume is a lot harder to describe and review than say lipstick or blush. Perfume has always been such a key component in femininity in my life. Some of my earlier memories are of my mother powdering her face with some blush, rouging her lips, and then the last step--spraying herself with her newest perfume.


As you can tell by the amount left in my bottle I've had this bottle of Yves Saint Laurent's Parisienne for almost a year now. This perfume is my current signature scent, meaning I use it almost daily. Though I have a few bottles of other perfumes, Parisienne is always the one I go for on a daily basis. I would describe the scent as dreamy, sophisticated, and luscious. It is sweet without being juvenile and definitely fresh. The scent is a combination of woody and floral.


I love this smell because it is just so pretty. I get many compliments when I wear it and for some reason I think that someone telling you that you smell good is one of the best compliments you can get! I believe the perfume is like leather in that something of lesser quality just isn't going to be as good. Sure, this YSL perfume is expensive but it is well worth it for me. I use it daily, it makes me happy, and it is the perfect finishing touch.


Final verdict
Cost: Depending on the bottle size you can get this perfume for $39 (1 oz) or $85 (3 oz). The one I have is 3 oz.
Is it a good scent year round?: I have been using this perfume since I got it as a gift last year for Christmas. I think it is the perfect year round scent because it is a medium scent--not too light and not too heavy.
Repeat offender?: I am definitely getting another bottle of this when I finish up. I love this scent so much! Here is my suggestion if you are in the market for a new perfume, go to the store and smell them all! Don't buy one the first time you go, think about it and then go to the store and smell them again. If you find some that sticks out as special to you go back and get it!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment