Friday, June 18, 2010

Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Skin Revival Treatment, $60

As I mentioned in my last entry, I bought a kit from Bare Escentuals that included an array of their products. The RareMinerals Skin Revival Treatment that can be found at Sephora is bigger than the sample sized one pictured here (0.15oz vs. 0.05oz). The color I got is Clear, which is meant for all skin tones.

The treatment is a little canister filled with concentrated minerals that are deposited with a little pouf. The minerals are meant to transform your skin overnight, fixing wrinkles, sun damage, pore size, blemishes, skin texture . . . basically everything. That's a lot to promise, but hey, for $60 it better do a lot! To use, you click it to "open" and rub the pouf on your skin in a circular motion, buffing away imperfections. The minerals work on your skin while you sleep.

I've used it pretty consistently for about a week now. The pouf is really soft and gentle, and it feels nice on sensitive skin. However, it's honestly hard to tell anything is coming out--well, except that the top turned from white to beige. Sometimes I'll kind of tap it on my skin to make sure some powder puffs up. If anything, at least the pouf is increasing circulation and buffing away some dead skin cells.

After I put it on, my skin feels softer, smoother, and less oily. It doesn't do much to cover the blemishes, but I don't really care because I'm going to sleep! I think if you got one in a color closer to your skin tone it might make a more noticeable difference.

So, does it work? I don't really know. The first night I used it I had a huge zit on my chin. The next morning it was obviously much smaller. I got excited, but I don't know if it's done much since then. I've had some breakouts after that and it hasn't done much for them. Maybe I need to use it for a longer time to see more results?

Final verdict
Cost:
$60. Ouch. You can find it on Amazon for around $45, or try it in a kit (they have new ones often).
Texture: Right after using it my skin does feel soft and velvety, but not miraculously so. It would probably be easy on sensitive skin.
Fix-all?: Sigh, I don't know. My main problem is breakouts, and while it did help a little, it wasn't perfect by any means. I wonder if I have to use it for a longer period of time, or if it's not really meant for my skin problems.
Repeat offender?: No, I wouldn't buy this again. I'll use this until it's gone (or until I think it's gone . . . it's hard to tell) and hopefully it will do a little something, but I kind of doubt it. Bummer!

Our giveaway is still going strong! Can't wait to announce the winner on Monday! We're so excited about it that we're extending the deadline--you now have until Sunday night at 11:59pm to enter.

<3,
-T

No comments:

Post a Comment