Wednesday, June 9, 2010

China Glaze Sacred Heart, $2-5



You all know by now that I am a self proclaimed OPI loyalist, but lately I've been drawn to China Glaze nailpolish. They have just as many fans as OPI and just as many beautiful and interesting colors. I made the splurge and bought a few to try out. This lovely red polish is called Sacred Heart. It is made to resemble the red of a sacred heart tattoo, since the particular color collection is inspired by tattoos.


I just got the polishes I ordered yesterday and have been itching to get a manicure/pedicure so I settled on the classic red color to take with my to the salon. I don't get my nails done very often and I used to just use whatever color I liked there, but since I now own tons of my own polishes I just choose something I have.


This vibrant red is very reminiscent of pinup girls and classic beauties. I love a nice red manicure and pedicure because it is super simple yet is still the cherry-on-top of a look. I am very happy with this polish because it went on very evenly in just two coats.



Final verdict:
Cost: You can find this polish anywhere from $2-5 which is a really good deal for the quality you are getting. I am definitely drawn to it more because of the cost. I ordered mine online because I honestly don't think I have ever seen China Glaze polish at any local stores.
Is the polish true to the name?: I definitely think this red polish has a badass quality to it like the name Sacred Heart. It is a perfect red, it doesn't lean toward orange or pink so it is a pure red.
Repeat offender? Hell yeah. This goes up there right next to OPI's Vodka and Caviar red nailpolish which was my go-to red. Now that I started the China Glaze kick I have a feeling you will be seeing a lot more of these reviews!

PS--We are getting ready to let you know about a special surprise!! Don't forget to start following us to be able to participate!

-M

4 comments:

  1. I love China Glaze! I buy it at Sally Beauty Supply. It's the only good quality nail polish that I can get locally without having to go to the mall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cute color, I love the swatch holding the hellokitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly that is good to know! I will have to pop in there next time and see if they have any cool colors.

    Thanks Caitlin!!

    -M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its also available at ULTA.

    ReplyDelete