Monday, March 15, 2010

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color, $5

(Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Uptempo Plum)

When it comes to nail polish, I'm real impatient. (Ok, ok, when it comes to other things, too!) I'll take the time to do it nice once in a while, but most of the time I end up putting on a thin 1st coat and then a thick 2nd coat, get paint all over my cuticle, and then inevitably smudge it on something (grrr!). So, when I saw Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri nail polish, I decided to give it a try.

I gotta say, I'm impressed! The nail polish is thick so it gives you a lot of color in 1 coat. In the photo above, I just used a clear base, 1 coat of the color, and then a clear top coat. And it really does dry quickly, less than a minute or so! In fact, Uptempo Plum (super deep purple with tiny purple/red sparkles) is the 4th polish I've tried from the line.

(Brisk Blue, Lemon Dash, and Clearly Quick)

Brisk Blue is goooorgeous, super blue and shiny, like a classic blue car. I was not so impressed with the Lemon Dash--it's thinner than the others, so it takes a lot more to get the same effect. It doesn't have as much shine, either. Clearly Quick is just a nice clear coat that can be used on its own or with other polishes.

The main downfall with these is that they're easy to put on, and easy to come off. They chip off pretty quickly, small at first but then in big chunks. Also, as I discovered with the blue, if you don't use a base the color will stain your nails!

Final verdict:
Cost: $5 is a great price. Worth it! It's sold everywhere, so it's really easy to find.
Color: The colors are vibrant, and they have so many! I'm excited to get a hot pink next, or maybe an awesome lime green.
Truly "insta-dri"?: Yes, they are true to their claim. It dries super fast!
Lasting color?: Eh, it doesn't do too well in this department. Chips pretty easily.
Repeat offender: I love this stuff and will keep buying it because it dries fast and has a lot of color. So easy! Perfect for last-minute, pre-party fabulousness.

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment