Monday, March 29, 2010

Make Up For Ever Professional, Diamond Black 307 Eyeshadow, $20


Last Friday Tori mentioned that she really wanted to try some makeup from the brand Make Up For Ever and I realized that I actually had one I could review for her and you all! The shadow is a dark charcoal black with speckles of silver sparkles. Like most black eyeshadows you can control the shade by dusting on a heavy or lighter stroke with your brush. To apply this I used a regular flat tip eyeshadow brush but you can also use your finger if you want more control. This shadow is really great to use as an eyeliner as well. You can use an angled brush to apply the shadow on the top and bottom lid as eyeliner. If you are into the smokey look this shadow is great for achieving it.


In these photos I have on Tarte's Brow-Know-How on the eyebrows, on the lids Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Make Up For Ever Diamond Shadow in Diamond Black 307 (their shadows are named by color and a numerical code), MAC’s Penultimate eyeliner, Urban Decay Skyscraper mascara, and on the cheeks Nars blush in Deep Throat.


It is really important for me that a black shadow does not crease after a few hours of wear, so far so good, no creasing. I also want to note that it is a lot messier to put on this black shadow as shadow and eyeliner if you aren’t wearing any primer. Overall I am really happy with this shadow, I’ve had it for a while but hadn’t used it since I discovered the magic primer, I like it a lot better with a base that helps it stay put.

Final verdict:
Cost: $20 for one eyeshadow it is a bit much in my opinion but they do last a long time if you find one you can’t resist.
Staying power: This shadow is pretty durable, if you touch your eyelids with the shadow on it does not smear off on your finger at all.
Repeat offender?: I think that I would wait to buy another shadow by Make Up For Ever if it were cheaper but they do have very interesting shades and colors. If you go to Sephora (it is the only place you can get it, in stores and online) they have them all out to sample and it is like a giant rainbow you can’t really resist.
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment